This was sent to me twice in e-mail from Alicia and Faithers [who doesn’t have a blog but reads mine faithfully – Hi Faith!]
I’ve seen it on two blogs. One was on Mother Moments and the other I’ve forgotten.
I think it’s my destiny to complete it. So here goes. . .
- Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper for Christmas, Gift bags for birthdays
- Real or artificial tree? Real. We had a small fiber optic one for a couple years until we lost the cord to make it work…
- When do you put up the tree—Thanksgiving or day after? Are you kidding? I’m still reeling from Dinner the day after Thanksgiving. We’ll get to it the beginning of Dec.
- When do you take the tree down? No sooner than New Year’s Day; sometimes later. It depends on how long the needles stay on.
- Do you like eggnog? Oh yes! My whole family does.
- Favorite gift you received as a child? As a small child I remember a doll in a yellow dress and bonnet – I still have her. As a teen, my opal ring.
- Do you have a nativity scene?A tan ceramic set very similar to one my Mom let us put on the piano every year. I would rather have this than a tree.
- Hardest person to buy for? my husband I guess although it varies every year
- Easiest person to buy for? The kids for sure
- Worst Christmas gift ever received? I don’t know; I tried to forget. I used to not be excited to get clothes…
- Christmas Cards…snail mail or e-mail? Real mail please! With money is even better! Although I do have Paypal…
- Favorite Christmas movie? Holiday Inn
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? I pick things up through the year, but don’t finalize everything until Nov or Dec
- Have you ever ‘recycled’ a Christmas present? That would be telling.
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chocolate with peanut butter fudge
- Clear lights or colored on the tree? colored for sure
- Favorite Christmas song? That’s a hard one – I think it’s different each year. Maybe “In the Bleak Midwinter”. I like my Julie Andrews album with arrangements by Andre Previn.
- Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay in area usually – open for change.
- Can you name Santa’s reindeer? If I sing through them.
- Do you have an angel or a star on top of your tree? Star on tip top – couple angel ornaments
- Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning at my house; Christmas Eve at in-laws.
- Most annoying thing about this time of the year? annoying? You mean besides the crowds, pressure, and lack of money? I hate the busyness. I prefer simple.
- Shopping…mall or online? Anything but malls! This year I did much more online.
- Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all)? I do inside; husband does outside. So depends how busy he is.
- Favorite Christmas cookie? Chocolate Crinkles or the peanut butter with Reese’s PB cups in middle.
- Do you own Christmas clothing or jewelry? Two shirts, and a bunch of earrings. One jingle bell necklace that is slightly annoying.
- Do you decorate your tree in any specific way? I do not like garland or tinsel – I use beads, ribbon, and poinsettia flowers. Other than that…whatever I like.
Finished! Only one long interruption.