I read the following sentence in a magazine a couple months ago:
Churchgoers are among the people most likely to forgive.
Um, yeah. That’s a no-brainer.
Some of the facts about forgiveness that I did find interesting were:
- It lowers your blood pressure and helps your heart.
- You will be more self confident.
- You’ll have less aches and pains; like headaches and stomach pains.
- It can lessen depression.
- You’ll have more friends and a better spirit.
Now that science has proved how good forgiving is there are clinics and classes on how to forgive.
The Bible has said the same thing for ages:
Matthew 18:21-22 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
The Lord really does know what is best for us – physically and emotionally.