I recently received a recipe chain e-mail. I couldn’t decide what recipe to use…until now. This Fruit Swirl Cake is easy and quick to make with a minimum of ingredients. Plus, you only have to dirty one pan! Great for women like me who don’t really like to do dishes. Since I made it for a picnic that we went to today I am able to include some pictures.
- Pour the oil in to a 13 X 9 inch pan and tilt the pan so that the oil covers the bottom.
- Add cake mix, eggs, and water to the pan; beating to mix. [most times I just hand mix it because my mixer is buried in the cupboard.]
- Top with fruit and swirl to create marbling effect. [I drop the filling by large spoonfuls around the outside of the pan so that the filling and cake is pretty evenly mixed. If you empty the filling can in to a pile in the middle of the cake you will have a mushy middle and dry cake around the edges. I know people who like it both ways.]
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.
- You can sprinkle confectioners sugar on the top if you want.
Here’s the finished cake. I forgot about the picture until after it was already cut.