Kelli is hosting a “Giving Thanks Celebration” at her blog. She said:
Let’s take these next six days (Monday-Saturday) to prepare our hearts and homes for this wonderful time of year.
She has invited any bloggers to join her. If you want to meet some other participants click on the graphic at the top of this post.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
- Gratitude is a becoming trait. It sweetens life, cements the bonds of friendship, gives cheer to fellowship, and makes benevolence a joy. ~ James Henry Potts
- Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect. ~ Rousseau
- May silent thanks at least to God be given with a full heart; Our thoughts are heard in heaven. ~ William Wordsworth
- Thanksgiving Day is only our annual time for saying grace at the table of eternal goodness. ~ James M. Ludlow
- The year that is drawing toward its close has been filled with the blessing of fruitful fields and healthful skies… they are the gracious gifts of the Most High God! ~ Abraham Lincoln
- O for a thanksgiving for every heart beat and a song for every breath. ~ Unknown
- As a nation much blessed, we feel impelled at harvest time to follow the tradition handed down by our Pilgrim Fathers of pausing from our labors for one day to render thanks to Almighty God for His bounties. ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Praise ye the Lord. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. ~ Psalm 106:1