The gratitude challenge prompt for this week is “spouse.” I’m going to write it in a list form instead of explaining every detail because the more I wrote, the more I thought of that I could write.
I’m grateful for my husband because…
- He is my best friend and the closest friend I’ve ever had.
- He is my voice of reason when I want to jump ahead into something.
- He’ll catch me if [when!] I do jump into something that ends up badly.
- He listens to me and remembers my likes and dislikes.
- He’s the one who is helping me learn that it’s ok to not have every day planned and scheduled.
- He has handyman abilities,
- …enjoys music,
- …watches anything I pick with me [once!],
- …can drive pretty much anything,
- …is willing to learn new things.
- He works to provide for his family,
- and looks for ways to improve our future.
- He values the schooling of our children and helps me with that when he can,
- supports my online work and hobbies and can talk sensibly about them to others,
- and extends understanding and actual help when I am overwhelmed with housework and all the other things.
- He is even-tempered [unlike me!] and easy-going,
- but does have a line of steel that people know when they have crossed it. You only push him so far.
- He will help pretty much anyone and really doesn’t mind.
- He enjoys going out, seeing things, and meeting new people,
- but doesn’t mind staying home for quiet evenings.
- He deals with physical pain on a daily basis
- but doesn’t show it in his countenance to others.
- He has a heart for serving the Lord,
- and stands strong in faith.
- He loves me.
The greatest marriages are built on teamwork, a mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace. ~ Fawn Weaver
If you have a loving spouse I’m sure you can find things about them to be grateful for; the more you look, the more you see. If you need some further encouragement check out this post from The Happy Wives Club about making a husband gratitude list.
This is my second entry for my “52 weeks of gratitude challenge.” If you want to join in feel free to use the comments to share your thoughts or a link. I’ll use the tag “gratitude” to connect the posts so you can easily find more from this series. Best wishes!
P.S. Click here if you want to read our love story.