Thankful Thursday is hosted by Iris at Sting My Heart.
- that the final text of the Declaration of Independence was ratified on July 4, 1776.
- that John Adams said this about the fourth, “I believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival… it ought to be celebrated by pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other…”
- that Congress officially made the Fourth of July a legal holiday in 1941. Another reason to get off work!
- that I have friends to celebrate with.
- for fireworks and eyes to see them with!
- that America is a free nation and I was born free like Paul. [Acts 22:28 And the chief captain answered, With a great sum obtained I this freedom. And Paul said, But I was free born.]
- that God is in control of the leaders of this country. [Proverbs 21:1 The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.]
America, Why I Love Her read by John Wayne.
Other sites about the Fourth of July: