Since moving is the biggest thing on my mind right now I hope you don’t mind that I post about it again. The other things on my mind today are diapers and groceries. Don’t worry, I won’t write about them today. Maybe tomorrow.
Why are we moving?
- We prayed and feel that it is what the Lord wants at this time.
- Our neighbors’ houses are very close on each side. To make some long stories very short: 1. The man on one side has recently become very mean and antagonistic to us. We have refrained from turning him in to the local code authorities for several things. 2. The teenage and college age neighbors on 3 sides use foul language and play their nasty music loudly. Not the environment I want for my children.
- Our goal is to use the money from the sale of the house to wipe out debts.
Where are we moving?
- We are planning to stay in the general area where we are right now. If the Lord leads us to another geographic area you will be among the first to know.
- The church basement/prophet’s chamber will be our first stop. Lord willing we will be in a new house in six months. We plan to take care of our debts, close accounts, and accumulate a hefty down payment for a new house.
- We are praying for a wonderful new place. We don’t mind if it’s another fixer-upper. We would really like a little more land, more space in the house, and space between us and the neighbors. [Besides, the borough we are in now is a major pain to deal with.]
I think that pretty much fills you in on the details.
There are some comments with great moving advice on my previous post. Thank you! I’m going to work on a compilation of advice to post later. Feel free to add any more advice you can think of.