I wrote my first post on July 13, 2007. In it I said that I was going to wait a while to tell anyone about my blog. I think that lasted a whole week for online friends, and two weeks for real life friends. Oh, well.
“E-mail as a Second Language” was my first attempt at being funny.
A little bit of back stage info for my blog:
- My friend Alicia introduced me to blogs.
- Arlene’s blog is the one that made me want my own blog. [I was a lurker on her blog when she was first pregnant and living in Japan. Her blog also introduced me to Bloglines, which I now love.]
- Rachel was the first to leave me a comment and link to my blog.
- Blogging Basics 101 helped me decide to use WordPress.
- My husband bought me my own .com for my birthday in December and I switched to this site on January 1, 2008.
- My dashboard says that I have 426 posts in 366 days.
I want to say a big thank you to all of you who read this blog regularly. A special thank you to my real life friends Terri, Faith, Hannah, Danielle, and my mother-in-law who read consistently, but don’t have their own blogs.
Related Posts coming soon: 100 things about me, Twelve Tips for Twelve Months