I‘ve seen many people make beautiful pictures with autumn leaves, but I didn’t know how to describe it to my children. Then we found Leaf Man at the library.
It has wonderful illustrations of animals made out of leaves. My children and I were excited to go home and try it for ourselves.
Try this simple fall activity with your children:
- Gather pretty leaves in different colors.
- Press them in a phone book.
- Glue the leaves to a large sheet of poster board.
- Color grass, water, sun, etc…
- Hang the poster board on the wall for continual admiration.
Simple science observations:
- Notice the colors of the leaves.
- Explore why leaves fall.
- What happens to the leaves after they fall?
- Research the animals you create.
- Discuss animal habitats (water/land).