A big thank you to every one that completed my reader survey! I’m compiling statistics for my media kit so I can ask for advertising, sponsorship, plus have a better idea of who my target market is.
Random.org picked #12 so congrats to sandbar86! I’ll e-mail you to confirm your address and get your Amazon gift card to you soon.
Anyone interested in the demographics of this blog? I know that you all were just lying awake at night and wondering. Here’s some basic facts:
- Gender: 88% Female [I’m surprised that 12% of my readers are male!]
- Age: 32 % in their twenties and 40% in their thirties [actually a bit younger than I was guessing, but it’s quite all right.]
- Education: 40% have some college and 28% have finished college [17% finished college and have more schooling! Maybe I should start using bigger words.]
- Marital Status: 72% are married [as expected]
- Children: over 50% have children between the ages of 1 and 10 years [this is about what I expected also]
- Employment: 44% work outside the home and 30% are homemakers; 11% work from home [I was a tad surprised at this one. I didn’t think it through very well. There’s a whopping 15% that don’t have a job right now]
- Location: All across the U.S. with a few in Canada and Europe [the most exotic location listed is kuala lumpur and the most popular state is PA, of course]
- Online activities: 95% read blogs, 93% check email every day; 50% use Twitter and 75% use Facebook [Obviously my readers love the ‘net!]
So, if there’s anyone out there that wants to put an ad on my site e-mail jendi at jendisjournal dot com and I’ll send you my media kit.
I also want to say thank you to those of you who left nice comments at the end of the survey. You are wonderful readers!
Here’s my very favorite comment:
I like reading your blog because it loads in fast, its design is clear and uncluttered and of course you have interesting things to share – and you don’t take too long to do it. Your posts are like either mini-power-boosts or refreshing mini-breaks, depending on the content.
Another friend said, “How many questions did it take for you to figure out who I am – did the kids give it away?” Well, umm… I had to go back and connect the questions after I saw your comment. 😉 I was just looking at answers by question instead of by person.
Thank you once again! I have the best readers in the blogosphere!