I’ve been tagged. Anne at From My Perspective threw the ball right at me. [I used to love ball tag. Hey, maybe I should use that.]
The rules for this meme are:
- Link to the person that tagged you. [done]
- Post the rules on your blog. [working on it]
- Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. [soon to start]
- Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. [Do I have to?]
- Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website. [not a problem]
Okay, here goes…
1. If you ask me what my favorite color is I will say, “Depends on what it’s for.” I like the color red, but only as a color. I like to decorate my house with greens and beige [sounds better than tan]. I don’t want a red vehicle either. I like yellow birds and purple flowers. Rich fall colors more than spring.
2. I love old musical videos and older Broadway songs. Examples: Gene Kelly, Astaire and Rogers, Howard Keel, Doris Day, Kathryn Grayson. I’ve had people tell me that I know a lot of songs. This would exclude rock bands and new pop songs. On those I’m terribly unknowledgeable. The only person I know that is pretty equal to me in this is my husband. Yes, he will watch the musicals with me. He’s so nice! He might only watch it once, but that’s once more than some guys I know.
3. I’ve never flown. Never been off the ground. In anything. This will change in 2008. I wouldn’t even mind a hot air balloon ride. If you’ve flown a lot and love it please don’t tell me. If you don’t like to fly please don’t tell me, because I am going to fly in 2008.
4. I love to make arrangements of songs. It’s so fun to make a hymn arrangement for another instrument and the piano. I’m not saying they are any good. I like them. The church people haven’t complained; at least not in my hearing. It’s also fun for me to edit video footage. Do you think there’s a correlation?
5. I strongly dislike mowing grass – especially with a pushmower. If I would have had a pre-nup that would have been in it, for sure. Before I agreed to marry him he reassured me that I would not have to mow our grass. I will rake, pull weeds, spray for bugs, even weed-whack. Hmm…maybe I could just weed-whack the whole yard instead of using a pushmower.
6. My favorite Bible heroine is Esther. She got to be queen! Seriously, she was thrown into a dangerous situation; handled it admirably with God’s help using the background of knowledge she had in her life; and knew that she was used by God. Did you know that the word “God” is not found in the book of Esther?
There’s my six terribly unimportant things about me, myself, and I. Now to pick my victims…I don’t know who to pick. How ’bout you? Yes, you. Let me know when you post your list and I’ll give ya some link love.