We eat most kinds of meat besides liver and fish [if you count fish as a meat]; but we prefer good old beef and chicken. The cheapest way to buy beef is usually ground up; therefore we eat burger quite often. At times we have substituted ground turkey or deer with varying results.
Without further ado here is a list of 13 ways that we eat ground beef.
- Burgers [of course]
- Tacos/Enchiladas [my husband loves tacos, but I’m so-so since the last pregnancy when I couldn’t even smell them without feeling sick.]
- Sloppy Jo [or barbecue for some of you]
- Tator Tot Casserole [easy and everybody in the family eats it well]
- Stuffed Peppers
- The cheap kind of stroganoff – Hamburger Helper [most, not all, kinds]
- Meatballs [I love meatball subs!]
- Porcupine Balls [a different kind of meatball]
- Upside Down Pizza [casserole]
- In spaghetti sauce for spaghetti, stuffed shells, baked ziti, lasagna, etc.
- Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Pizza Casserole with rotini noodles
The last two we will try soon; I have the recipes ready.
How about you? Any good ground meat recipes? I like hamloaf, but haven’t really made it myself so I didn’t count it.
Click the graphic to visit more participants at Thursday Thirteen’s Hub.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
- Sandy’s Chatterblog
- Jenn at Enjoying the Ride
- Typical Ramblings
- Sandier Pastures
- Secret Agent Mama
- My 20 Cents Keeps Moving
- A Gentleman’s Domain
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
EDITED: I did a post with recipes for Porcupine balls and Tator Tot Casserole. Click here.