I’m glad it’s finally Christmas. The next week stretches before me with not as much to do. . .
Last week went like this:
- Monday – My Birthday. My husband and I went to a third choice restaurant because the first 2 were closed due to the power outage caused by the ice.
- Tuesday – Morning at home doing housework. Worked in church office in evening preparing for rest of week
- Wednesday – Housework & laundry in morning. Prayer Service in evening.
- Thursday – Housework & sewing in morning. Nursing home ministry in evening.
- Friday – More housework in morning [You’d think I’d be caught up, but no.] Church Christmas party in evening. We had a fun present exchange and my 5 yr. old son ended up with a 2 liter of soda. He said that he would share with me if I share my mini Snickers with him. Then he carried it home all by himself. We didn’t open it for a while; just imagine a 5 yo with a carbonated beverage. . .
- Saturday – My husband was free to spend the day with us. Hooray! We all went to a breakfast buffet [kids free!]. Then we took the kids shopping for each of us. It was interesting how we split up in the store, but somehow managed to bump into each other a lot. We even got a grocery stop in on the way home.
- Sunday – Had a Jesus Birthday Party for the 3-5 year olds with cake and ice cream. Crazy fun. I’m glad we did it, and I’m glad it’s only once a year! The evening service was our Candlelight service. My 3 year old sat the most still that I have ever seen! All I need to do is give her a lighted candle. 😉