My almost 5 year old son was talking to his Grandma on the phone. This is what I heard.
- “I got a new flashlight!”
- “See? It has batteries in it.”
- “See it shining on you?” I had to look..sure enough…he was shining the flashlight on the number pad of the phone.
- “It’s red.”
- “There’s a place right here to put a string on it.” The kid is into tying things and dragging things around with string.
- “It’s shining on the wall now.”
Even after such deep conversations as this his Grandma will consent to talk to him the next time we are on the phone.