This past Saturday I went shopping at yard sales for about 6 hours. That is longer than I went to yard sales all last summer! Two connecting developments were having community sales and it was like going to a fair. There was tons of people, food set up all around, and no parking.
I spent about $30 and got lots of stuff. I didn’t take my children with me so I hid most of the stuff. I’m saving it for presents, rewards, or rainy days. So if you read this and see them in real life – don’t tell!
Here’s most of what I got:
- 2 shirts and skirts for me
- new exercise DVD
- several items of clothing for my 4 year old daughter, and a shirt for my son; plus sturdy kids hangers
- a grater and mug for my kitchen
- a free puzzle and baby car seat for my kids to play with
- piano music book
- a curling iron – a cheap spare is good to have on hand
- cap gun and caps
- computer speakers to replace our staticy ones -I don’t think “staticy” is in the dictionary, but I like it.
- only one book – I exerted self-control!
- A CD case and 3 CDs – can’t beat 10 cents each
- jewelry for me [see picture]
- A variety of toys including walkie-talkies, play boots, Bob the Builder Play-doh stuff, a Melissa & Doug magnetic doll, accessories for Little People we already have.
- An electronic gadget for my man to play with
Most importantly I was able to get presents for my 3 year olds birthday. She received a scooter, roller skates, and a Dora computer game. They are all in good shape and I saved a lot of money buying them from yard sales. I love when the community has kids slightly older than mine!
My husband was amazed at how sound asleep I was during nap time. 😉 I am glad that I remembered to put on sunblock.
Have you gone to any great yard sales this year? Have you had a yard sale?